Chocolate Cobbler

Sunday, 19 September 2010

Hello Chocoholics this is heaven speaking...Seriously I kid you not. I am a serial Stumbler and I came across this recipe by an American lady and it looks (and tastes) exactly like a dessert we had at school called St Peter's Pudding or lovingly nicknamed Cow Pat :). This is the best dessert, definitely what I would eat as my last meal. As this was an American dessert the first time we made it was way too sweet so I have adapted it for English taste buds :).


Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Serves: Apparently 10 but in our case you may be able to stretch it to 4 :P


Ingredients: 
1 cup of plain flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
7 tablespoons of cocoa powder - I used Bourneville powder as this made a beautiful rich sauce
1 cup of white sugar
118ml Milk
1/3 cup of Butter
1 and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of brown sugar
355ml of hot tap water


Step 1:
Preheat your oven to 200 Degrees


Step 2:
In a mixing bowl combine your flour, baking powder, salt, 3/4 cup of white sugar and 3 tablespoons of your cocoa powder.


Step 3:
In a small saucepan melt your butter, now add your milk and vanilla and add to your flour mixture. Mix until smooth.


Step 4:
Pour the mixture (without eating it people! :p) into an oven proof dish, I used the one I make lasagne in. Make sure it is fairly deep otherwise you will be scrubbing hard chocolate sauce off your tray - like Laura did :).


Step 5:
In a different bowl combine the remaining white sugar (1/4 cup), brown sugar and 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the top of your batter.

Photobucket


Step 6:
Pour the hot tap water over the top, whatever you do do not stir!


Step 7:
Now place the dish onto an oven tray - so it will catch anything that bubbles over, otherwise you could be cleaning it off your oven which would be worse. Cook for 40 mins.

Photobucket


Step 8:
Now let stand for a few minutes if you can - I couldn't :P, and serve with cream, ice cream or it is just perfect by itself - enjoy....

Photobucket

...we certainly did!

Photobucket


P.S. tastes amazing cold as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pasta Crap Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino